Welcome!

Hello, this is my little blog of things which inspire me in the design world...enjoy!

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Portfolio Evaluation

I can't believe 2nd year is over! I have managed to a portfolio together which i was very happy with. I feel like i have kept consistency with my page layouts and tried not to add too much text onto the pages. I also think i have also added personality to my pages with the colour choices i have chosen. My passion for design for print is shown thoroughly throughout my folio and i feel my interest in corporate and logo design is shown clearly. I feel i have chosen appropriate pieces of work to show where i stand within the field of Graphic Design.

I wanted to keep the first pages of my portfolio focused and show people who are looking at it aware of what my key interests are. I really enjoy doing type and layout work which is something i want to carry on with in my 3rd year and i want to keep adding selective pieces of work to my portfolio as i progress.

Even though i have a passion for design for print i would like to spend more time in the screenprinitng and experiment with letterpress next year and really challenge myself as i really enjoyed the briefs which i did at the end of the year. With doing this and with trial and error i will have a variety of design work in my portfolio which will show employers i am capable of thinking outside the box rather than sticking to a printer and paper. I think this will definitely strengthen my portfolio.

I hope to keep my portfolio up to a professoional standard for the rest of my life as a designer and keep adding work to it as time goes by!

No comments: