Welcome!

Hello, this is my little blog of things which inspire me in the design world...enjoy!

Thursday 15 May 2008

Newspaper Brief

For this brief we all had to buy 3 newspapers on the same day and identify a story or any aspect of the newspaper which was found in all 3 paper. The papers we had to buy included the guardian, daily mirror and the daily mail.

I discovered that all 3 newspaper had articles which were related about fashion. The daily mirror stated something about Catherine Zite Jones 'big' hairstyle, in the guardians 'g2' magazine they had an article on 'why afro hairs costs so much to get cut' and in the daily mail there was an article about the seasons designer fashions being 'more expensive than ever'. So taking into consideration what each article said, they were all linked to eachother! Here are the pages from the newspapers..



After finding a story which linked we had to produce a three A3 visual statements in response to our findings.

My concept behind my findings was to play up on the face about fashion and money and state that if you wear 'one patent' object it will revamp the whole outfit as i found on the article in the daily mail.

Below are a few of my design sheets where i undertook some research which then helped me lead onto my final idea.

I looked at a book called the 'Annual Advertising 2001'




The series of posters i looked at here include a 'set of 3' which link and work together. This is the kind of effect i wanted to use in order to communicate my message. Below are a few of my selected design sheets...




No comments: